Some surgeries require post-operative physiotherapeutic treatment. The objective is to improve the health condition of the patient so he/she can achieve the maximum possible autonomy and perform their daily activities again.
The main objectives of this treatment are:
- Pain relief
- Reduction of edemas
- Recovery of muscle strength
- Recovery of articulation mobility
- Improvement of muscle stretching
- Improvement of equilibrium and proprioception
- Walk training: Evolution from walking with support (walkers, crutches or canes) to march without support.
- Accelerate the return to sports activities
- Increase quality of life
- Orthopedic surgeries (ligaments reconstruction, fractures fixation, arthroplasties (prostheses), etc.)
- Neurological surgeries
- Vascular surgeries
- Surgeries in general
The post-surgery physiotherapy must be conducted by an experienced professional, who will lead the treatment in order to obtain the best results for each patient. Mme. Juliana Ferra is a specialist in post-surgery orthopedic re-education, further information can be found in her curriculum vitae.