Functional re-education is a cluster of methods that aim to maintain or reestablish the regular function of a member that suffers from a disorder or injury.
The main objectives of functional re-education are:
- Pain relief
- Recovery of muscle strength
- Recovery of articulation mobility
- Improvement of equilibrium and proprioception
- Improvement of functionality in the affected member
- Accelerate the return to sports activities
- Increase quality of life
The treatment is indicated for the resolution of disorders below:
- Back pain
- Orthopedic disorders: muscles and articulations injuries, sprains, bruises, low back pain, scoliosis, disorders in the locomotor system, among others.
- Neurological affections: paralysis, motor neuron diseases, Parkinson disease, strokes, etc.
- Rheumatologic pathologies
- Other dysfunctions